McLaren Medicare
Compare Plans

Compare Plans

McLaren Medicare Inspire (HMO)

Monthly Premium: $0
Annual Deductible: $300
Annual Out of Pocket Max: $5,200
Office Visit Copay:
PCP $5
Specialist $40
Inpatient Hospital
Copay (per day):
$250/day
(days 1-7)
Prescription Drug Deductible (Part D):
$0 (tiers 1, 2, 6)

$100 (tiers 3, 4, 5)

Enroll Here

Plan Details

McLaren Medicare Inspire Plus (HMO)

Monthly Premium: $25
Annual Deductible: $0
Annual Out of Pocket Max: $3,800
Office Visit Copay:
PCP $0
Specialist $25
Inpatient Hospital
Copay (per day):
$200/day
(days 1-7)
Prescription Drug Deductible (Part D):
$0

 

Enroll Here

Plan Details

McLaren Medicare Inspire Flex (HMO-POS)

Monthly Premium: $49
Annual Deductible: $100
Annual Out of Pocket Max: $3,800
Office Visit Copay:
PCP $0
Specialist $25
Inpatient Hospital
Copay (per day):
$200/day
(days 1-7)
Prescription Drug Deductible (Part D):
$0

 

Enroll Here

Plan Details

How to Compare Medicare Plans

When it comes to Medicare coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all plan. That’s why there’s a range of plans to choose from. By comparing Medicare plans, you can find the perfect plan that matches your health care needs and your budget.

First, think about your needs and make a list of the services you access the most. This could include doctor’s visits, specialist appointments, and dental care. Next, write down the medications you currently take. Finally, look at the plans available in your area, and compare cost and coverage options.

How to Compare Medicare Advantage Plans

Medicare Advantage plans offer comprehensive health care coverage that bundles all your benefits into one plan. These plans include hospital coverage (Medicare Part A), medical coverage (Medicare Part B), prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D) and more.

If you want to work closely with a primary care physician and access a large local network of health care providers, an HMO plan may be the perfect fit. If you want more freedom to access care where and when you need it, a POS plan may be right for you. Compare McLaren Medicare Advantage plans side by side to explore your coverage options, then visit our summary of benefits to compare Medicare Advantage plan costs.

How Does Medicare Compare to Private Insurance Plans?

Original Medicare is a federal health care plan that provides hospital and medical coverage in every state. Private insurance companies also offer Medicare plans, called Medicare Advantage plans. While Original Medicare cost and coverage are standardized, Medicare Advantage plans offer a range of coverage and cost options.

Network size: Original Medicare gives you access to a wide range of health care professionals around the country. Private insurance plans often include a smaller network of local providers.

Benefits: Original Medicare has some gaps in coverage. Medicare Part A and Part B only offer hospital and medical coverage. Medicare Advantage plans, on the other hand, offer a range of additional benefits, including prescription drug coverage, dental and vision services and more.

Cost: Original Medicare has standardized costs. This includes monthly premiums, yearly deductibles, and other out-of-pocket costs like coinsurance and copayments. Medicare Advantage plans set their own rates. You may find plans with premiums as low as $0. Plans may also have low copayments and a cap on out-of-pocket spending.

How to Compare Medicare Supplement Plans

Original Medicare covers 80% of most covered services, but you will pay the remaining 20% each time you access care. Medicare Supplement plans, also called Medigap, can help you fill in these “gaps” in Original Medicare coverage. There are 10 Medigap plans to match your needs and budget. Plans are named by letter, from Plan A to Plan N.

Each Medigap policy offers a few key benefits, including Medicare Part A coinsurance, Medicare Part B coinsurance, and the first three pints of blood needed for medical procedures. Some plans also cover the Medicare Part A and Part B deductible, Part B excess charges, and foreign travel emergency medical care.

Medigap plans only work with Original Medicare. They do not work with Medicare Advantage plans, Medicaid, or employer insurance. Medicare Supplement plans offer standardized benefits. For example, if you choose to purchase a Medigap Plan G, you’ll get the same coverage from any provider. You can start by comparing plan benefits to find the plan that matches your budget and coverage needs. Then compare prices to find your Medicare Supplement plan provider.