MHP has thousands of doctors and many leading hospitals ready to care for you. We combine the resources of independent physicians, multi-specialty groups, ambulatory care centers, ancillary providers, and hospitals to offer our members access to the high quality health care providers you expect. Please use this directory as a reference when you need to choose a provider for health care services.
If you have any questions regarding the participation status of any health care provider please check this site, or contact Member Service at McLaren Health Plan toll free, at (888) 327-0671.
The physician portion of the directory includes definitions, verification sources and timeliness as listed below:
Name, Gender, Address(s)
– This information is self-reported by the provider and is not verified by McLaren Health Plan.
– The clinical area that the physician has identified as his/her area of expertise and which, at initial credentialing, McLaren Health Plan verified that the physician completed a recognized residency or fellowship program.
– The primary network hospital(s) the physician uses, as reported by the physician at initial credentialing and as changes occur. MHP verifies the physician’s standing with the hospital initially and every 3 years thereafter. This information may change in between the 3-year re-verification period.
– Whether the physician has qualified for, taken, and passed a comprehensive test of knowledge in his/her clinical specialty. The physician reports this information to MHP initially and as changes occurs. MHP verifies the physician’s certification status and certification expiration date initially and when the certification expires. *To confirm board certification on your own, you can access the following website: www.abms.org
Accepts New Patients
– Applicable to primary care physicians only and indicates if physician is accepting new patients into the practice. The physician self-reports this information to MHP annually and as changes occur; the information is not verified by MHP.
– Languages other than English spoken by the physician. The physician self-reports this information to MHP at initial credentialing. The information is not verified by MHP.
The hospital portion of the directory includes definitions, verification sources and timeliness as listed below:
Facility Name and Location
– This information is self-reported by the hospital and is not verified by McLaren Health Plan.
– Whether the hospital has sought and achieved compliance with the standards of a nationally recognized entity that assesses the quality and performance of hospitals. The hospital reports this information to MHP at initial credentialing and as changes occur. MHP verifies the accreditation status with the accrediting organization initially and at least every 3 years thereafter or when the accreditation expires, whichever comes first. This information may change in between the 3-year re-verification period.