Discrimination is against the law
McLaren Health Plan, MHP Community, McLaren Advantage (HMO) and McLaren Health Advantage (collectively McLaren) complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. McLaren does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free (no cost) language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact McLaren's Compliance Officer. If you believe that McLaren has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender, you file a grievance with:
- McLaren's Compliance Officer
- Write: G-3245 Beecher Road, Flint, Michigan 48532
- Call: (866) 866-2135, TTY: 711
- Fax: (810) 733-5788
- Email: email@example.com
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, McLaren's Compliance Officer is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office for Civil Rights (OCR), electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue
SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
(800) 368-1019, (800) 537-7697 (TTY)
Complaint forms are available at hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.